ez-closures

A topic that’s come up a few times over the past couple of months has been closures and a general confusion about how they’re used, how to explain them and how ES6 changes them (hint - it doesn’t?). So I put together a few examples of common closures that people have probably seen or used in the wild without knowing the name for it.

Read More →

Match-Three Part 2

Last time out, I wrote about all the logic involved with my javascript match three game proof of concept. However, that post didn’t talk about the more interesting aspect of how to draw and animate the collapsing of the board. I’ll be covering that in this post.

Read More →

Match-Three

For a little while now, I’ve been thinking that it might be fun to make a match 3 bejewelled style game with some town building elements. But, I know that I want to do it with just JavaScript and the DOM + CSS. I wanted to avoid canvas and libraries like 3js or anything like that.

Read More →

Ng2-Group-Multiselect

My Angular 2 plugin has hit it’s 0.1.0 release! It’s been published, tested, advertised and downloaded by others. This post is going to be a quick follow up to my last topic on it, discussing my final steps, the few things I’ve learned, and what’s next.

Read More →

Bowtie Final

So this is going to (probably) be my final post on bowtie and as this (my final) semester wraps up, the last post for SPO600 at Seneca College. There’s not really too much left to say, so this post is most likely going to be shorter than the past few.

Read More →

Bowtie Part 2

This post continues on in my exploration of porting Bowtie from last post, so if you haven’t read that yet, you should probably start there.

Read More →

Bowtie

Hi there, today’s entry is about my work on Bowtie, An ultrafast memory-efficient short read aligner for the Linaro Performance challenge as I continue to try to find a package to port from x86 to arm64.

Read More →

ZeroMq

Today’s post is a super quick update on the ZeroMq progress I made for the Linaro Performance challenge.

Read More →

JS Coverage

Last time I discussed the difficulties I was facing in finding a project to actually work on for the Linaro Performance challenge. Every package I’d decided to work on was either done already in one manner, or another or had drastically changed from its existing version. This post covers my next investigation into JSCoverage, a code coverage tool for javascript.

Read More →

Speedbumps

It’s been about a week since my last post, I was hoping to get some progress on one of my porting projects to fill with content and future plans. However, things haven’t quite gone that way - so in this post, I’ll be explaining why that is, what the plan was and what’s actually happened.

Read More →

Clueing For Looks

So, today’s post is going to mainly be a bit of a journal for what I find in my initial look through of JSL and Snort to see what needs updating. I don’t anticipate this post being too too large, but more as a reference for me for later as much as anything.

Read More →

Picking a Package

It’s probably been too long since I’ve updated anything with SPO, for a variety of a reasons really (Confusion, study week, and in class stuff). But now, it’s time to choose and investigate packages to work on.

Read More →

Assembling a Loop

Continuing on with the previous entry in which we looked at a simple hello world program in assembler - this time I’m going to (try) to have a program loop through and print out 1-9 in each architecture.

Read More →

Assembling Madness

My SPO class has started to get to the meat and potatoes of what the course is actually about, but in order to get on with that, we’ve got to learn a little bit about assembly. A whole new world for me.

Read More →

Single Steppin' with GDB

The third lab for my SPO600 course involves investigating a single specific aspect of GDB, and presenting my findings in a short, informative session to my fellow classmates. I’ve used this opportunity to cover how to step through a program step by step and also view the values in the registers

Read More →

SPO Lab2 C Compiler

The second lab for my SPO600 course involves poking around in a c compiler’s output for a simple hello world program and trying to understand what I’m looking at

Read More →

Open Source Community Research

This semester at Seneca I’m enrolled in SPO600, and the first lab assignment is to research two different open source communities with different licenses and review their practices and procedures for discussing/accepting new code. This blog post covers those findings.

Read More →

Socket To Me

After this past year’s AndroidTO conference, I decided it would be fun to experiment with node and sockets. I had thought of some ways that we could make use of sockets if we ever decided to make the switch to a node backend for our API. The super simple, and little app ‘Socket To Me’ was the result.

Read More →